Director of Finance
Closing Date: October 5th, 2014
Salary £ Competitive
The overarching role of the Commissioner is to work to cut crime, promote community safety and to delivery of an effective and efficient police service in Cambridgeshire. This will be achieved by holding the Chief Constable to account on behalf of local people and working with wider partners.
The Commissioner is supported in undertaking these duties by his staff within the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cambridgeshire (OPCCC). Sir Graham Bright is seeking to strengthen his team by the appointment of a high calibre finance professional to the post of Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance (DoF) provides strategic advice to the Police and Crime Commissioner on all aspects of financial strategy, financial management and risk mitigation. The post holder will play an active role in setting and implementing strategy and in supporting the development and improvement of quality local and regional services. They will also be the Deputy Chief Executive. The DoF will act as the organisation’s professional expert on finance, and provide support to Sir Graham in respect of the effective, efficient and economic use of resources, delivering the required financial targets and duties, and on the best possible stewardship of over £130m of public money. They will hold a fiduciary responsibility to local taxpayers.
The post holder will be expected to establish and maintain relationships which enable the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cambridgeshire to operate in partnership with Cambridgeshire Police managers focused on improving service delivery outcomes and services for the public. Key relationships will be with:
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire PCC and Police forces
- Local Authorities
- Health and social care and other public sector service provider organisations
As a key member of the Leadership Team the Director of Finance will:
- Help to develop and implement strategy and to resource and deliver strategic objectives sustainably and in the public interest
- Be actively involved in, and able to bring influence to bear on, all material business decisions (subject to the operational responsibilities PCC) to ensure immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered, and aligned with the financial strategy; and
- Lead the promotion and delivery of good financial management so that public money is safeguarded at all times and used appropriately, economically, efficiently and effectively. They will be the Commissioner’s Section 151 officer.
The Director of Finance will work in close liaison with the Chief Constable CFO’s, the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner, local authorities and other public sector bodies, ensure that the finance function is resourced to be fit for purpose must be a professionally qualified accountant and be suitably experienced and ensure professional knowledge is kept current through continuing professional development.
To apply please email you CV and covering letter to Andy Molloy, HR Manager, email@example.com. Please state why you are interested in the post of Director of Finance at Cambridgeshire Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and how you meet the criteria set out in the job description and person specification.
For further information please see the information packs on the right hand side of this page.