Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2016/17 (including the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy)
July 4th, 2016
To approve the Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2016/17 (including the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy)
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner and Constabulary’s Joint Audit Committee were presented with the Treasury Management Strategy 2016/17 at their meeting held on 23rd June 2016. The committee was recommended to note the following, as set out below:
The strategy for 2016/17 covers two main areas:
- the capital plans and the prudential indicators;
- the minimum revenue provision (MRP) strategy.
- Treasury management issues
- the current treasury position;
- treasury indicators which limit the treasury risk and activities of the Commissioner;
- prospects for interest rates;
- the borrowing strategy;
- policy on borrowing in advance of need;
- debt rescheduling;
- the investment strategy;
- creditworthiness policy; and
- policy on use of external service providers.
- These elements cover the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003, the CIPFA Prudential Code, Department for Communities and Local Government (CLG) Minimum Revenue Provision (MRP) Guidance, the CIPFA Treasury Management Code and CLG Investment Guidance.