Orton Police Station to implement the Landlords option to accept a surrender of the lease.
November 13th, 2017
It is recommended that approval is granted to complete the surrender of the lease in the event that the Landlord implements the option to surrender.
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Business Coordination Board meeting on the 9th November 2017 discussed and agreed to the surrender of the lease in the event that the Landlord implements the option to surrender. This decision was based on the following:
• Orton Police station is subject to a long lease which terminates on 9th June 2080 (63 years remaining).
• The unit is vacant and surplus to operational requirements
• Planning restrictions have been amended to permit retail use.
• A variation of the restrictive user and subletting clauses within the original lease to facilitate re-occupation of the unit by a third party.
• The subletting clause has been amended to allow subletting of the whole unit subject to various conditions.
• The Deed of Variation stipulates the legal procedure that the Police are required to follow in the event of finding a third party interested in occupying the unit.