Ely Police Station
November 13th, 2017
To approve the renewal of the agreement to City of Ely Council at Ely Police Station
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Estates Sub Group (ESG) meeting on the 8th November 2017 discussed and agreed to the renewal of the lease to the City of Ely Council in Ely Police Station based on the information set out in the heads of terms presented to the ESG paper, as set out below:
• Landlord: The Police and Crime Commissioner for Cambridgeshire.
• Tenant: City of Ely Council.
• Demise: Ground floor room, Ely Police Station
• Term: 3 years from the completion date of the renewal lease.
• Lease: 3 year term contracted out of the ‘1954 Act’ (no security of tenure).
• Break Clause: 6 month break to be operated by either party at any time.
• Rent: A nominal rent of £1 if requested.
• Service Charge: No service charge will apply.
• Permitted Use: Use as offices for CCTV monitoring and associated services.
• Ancillary Right: to position an antenna in an agreed location for sole use with the permitted use.
• Common Areas: This occupation includes the use of facilities – toilets, shower rooms and rest facilities.
• Car Parking: use of single space at any time.
• Office hours: 24 hour access.
• Equipment Insurance: to be borne by Tenant.
• Security Clearances: City of Ely Council staff and volunteers to obtain positive police vetting.
• Costs: Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the preparation of the renewal lease.