Updated Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2015/16 (including the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy)
June 9th, 2015
To approve the updated Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2015/16 (including the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy)
The updated strategy for 2015/16 covers two main areas: Capital issues
- the capital plans and the prudential indicators;
- the minimum revenue provision strategy.Treasury management issues
- the current treasury position;
- treasury indicators which limit the treasury risk and activities of the Police and Crime Commissioner;
- prospects for interest rates;
- the borrowing strategy;
- policy on borrowing in advance of need;
- debt rescheduling;
- the investment strategy;
- creditworthiness policy; and
- policy on use of external service providers.
These elements cover the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Prudential Code, Department for Communities and Local Government (CLG) Minimum Revenue Provision) Guidance, the CIPFA Treasury Management Code and CLG Investment Guidance.