Continuation of Lease of CCTV Office in Ely
December 9th, 2013
To approve the three year continuation of the lease of the CCTV Office in Ely.
The main heads of terms for the current lease renewal as agreed with City of Ely Council are outlined below:
- Term: 3 years starting 21 January 2014
- Landlord: Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cambridgeshire.
- Tenant: City of Ely Council.
- Lease: 3 year term contracted out of the ‘1954 Act’ (no security of tenure)
- Break clause: 6 month break clause by either party at any time.
- Rent: A nominal rent of £1 if requested.
- Service Charge: No service charge will apply.
- Common Areas: This unit continues to be operationally required and will include the use of facilities – toilets, shower room and rest room.
- Car parking: use of single space at any time.
- Office hours: 24 hour access.
- Equipment Insurance: to be borne by City of Ely Council.
- Vetting: City of Ely Council staff and volunteers to obtain positive police vetting.
- Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the preparation of the lease renewal.