Cambridgeshire Constabulary Vehicle Workshop
August 27th, 2015
To approve the land purchase of £296,450+vat and construction £1,003,550+vat of a vehicle workshop at the Lakes Business Park, St Ives.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary requires a modern central workshop for its vehicle fleet.
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Business Coordination Board (BCB) at their meeting on the 27th August 2015 discussed the proposal based on the following and agreed to the funding as set out below and in the BCB paper.
- The site will comprise approximately 0.34ha (0.847acres) and has a purchase price of £296,450 +vat payable upon completion of the land sale. Stamp Duty Land Tax will apply to the land purchase at 3% (£8,893.50).
- A number of occupier enhancements have been agreed and the developer has included these within the specification at the developers cost.
- Security works assessed at £62,000 can be included within the specification or undertaken as part of the fit out. These are, however, purchaser costs.
- Vehicle workshop equipment and fit out are purchaser costs.
- A service charge will apply to the up keep of all common services and parts and is estimated at £1,279pa.
It is proposed to substantially fund the new vehicle workshop from the sale of Bridge Street Police Station, Peterborough, which is only partly occupied and has no public contact. Gap funding will be required to take account of the time lag of disposal.