Bridge Street Police Station
March 16th, 2017
To approve the marketing and disposal of Bridge Street Police Station.
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Business Coordination Board meeting on the 14th March 2017 discussed and agreed the proposal for the marketing and disposal of Bridge Street Police station based on the information set out in the BCB paper presented to them, as set out below:
- Bridge Street Police Station was closed on 22nd December 2015 with staff deploying from Thorpe Wood and Bayard Place (Joint Enforcement Team). The enquiry office continues to be provided from Bayard Place
- The vehicle workshop at Bridge Street will remain in use until the centralised facility in St Ives opens in March/April 2017.
- As part of the disposal due-diligence a Development Brief has been prepared jointly with Peterborough City Council demonstrating that the site of 0.363ha (0.896acres) is suitable for a variety of uses.
- Marketing and valuation advice have been obtained and freehold as well as investment proposals are expected
- The S151 Officer to accept the most economically advantageous offer.