Approval of Innovation Fund Bids
December 17th, 2015
The Police and Crime Commissioner approve the Innovation Fund Bids.
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Business Coordination Board (BCB) meeting on the 16th December 2015 discussed the proposal for the Innovation Fund Bids based on the recommendations of the Finance Sub-Group (FSG) meeting of the 29th October 2015 and agreed to support the Innovation Fund Bids as set out in the BCB paper as given below.
The Home Office launched the Expressions of Interest (“EOI”) stage for the Police Innovation Fund 2016/17 on 1st September 2015. An EOI is an opportunity for police forces and Police and Crime Commissioners to make known those ideas which they thought, at that stage, could be worked up into a formal bid to the Police Innovation Fund 2016/17.
Bids were submitted by the deadline of 18th September 2015 and feedback received from the Home Office on 20th October 2015.
At its meeting on 29th October 2015, FSG agreed to support and strengthen the following bids:
- Cambs EOI number 80: ‘Roll out of evidence-based approach to conditional pre-trial diversion within the context of devolution in Cambridgeshire’
- Cambs EOI number 97: ‘Beds, Cambs and Herts strategic alliance delivery of an integrated multi-force finance/human resources system’
- Herts EOI number 65: ‘Delivery of an integrated multi-force customer relationship management system as an enabler of the wider innovative collaboration through shared process, intelligent call-handling and self-service’.
- Bedfordshire (Eastern Regions Special Operations Unit”) EOI number 23: ‘Eastern Region Integrated CAB/SPOC/AO Workflow’
- The seven Force Strategic Collaboration Programme to drive out more savings/efficiencies that can be used by each force to sustain public service delivery and/or invest in changing policing demand e.g. the hidden harm agenda, cybercrime, and fraud.