Accessibility Options

Making a complaint against the Commissioner

Whenever you come into contact with Cambridgeshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner you have the right to expect a professional service that meets your needs. When things don’t go well, it is important to us that we learn and improve.

Should the level of service fall below expectations you have the right to complain about:

  • The Police and Crime Commisioner himself (or his deputy) – his polices or practice including your access to information under the Publication Scheme.
  • A member of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner working on behalf of the Commissioner.

If you wish to make a complaint you must do so in writing* although you may wish to speak to us first. Please address your complaint to: The Chief Executive, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner at the relevant postal address or email

If you wish to make a complaint against a member of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, you should first raise your concerns in confidence with the Chief Executive, who is the Monitoring Officer. You may write to her or simply pick up the telephone in the first instance.

If your complaint is against the Chief Executive, you may write in confidence directly to the Police and Crime Commissioner at the relevant contact address.

*If you have difficulty putting your concerns in writing, call us and we will record the details for you, and check back with you that the statement is correct.