Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Funding Opportunity
This process is now closed.
The Ministry of Justice (“MoJ”) has announced ringfenced funding of £15.7m for 22/23 for domestic abuse and sexual violence support services. This funding will be distributed via Police and Crime Commissioners and their offices through local processes.
Successful recipients will be provided with three-year funding ending March 31, 2025.
In Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the opportunity is open to organisations which provide tailored support services to help victims of domestic abuse, rape, sexual violence or sexual abuse and their families cope with the impacts of crime, and, as far as possible, recover from the harm they have experienced.
Honour-based abuse and stalking carried out by a former intimate partner or by a family member falls within the government definition for domestic abuse.
Organisations do not need to be a registered charity, a charitable incorporated organisation, or a social enterprise to be eligible for this funding, but must be providing services to victims who currently live in the county.
Detailed application guidance is available in the document available at the bottom of this page. All would-be bidders are urged to read this before they start the application form.
The Cambridgeshire Process
Any organisation wishing to be considered for funding for the provision of support to victims who live in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough, is asked to:
- Read the Application Guidance (available below). In particular familiarise themselves with the due diligence requirements.
- Email an Expression of Interest to the OPCC (Cambsfirstname.lastname@example.org) with a very brief summary of what they intend to bid for and an indicative amount.
- Complete the Application Form (available below) succinctly answering each element in turn using bullet points where possible.
- Submit the Application Form by 9am on Tuesday May 3 to:
Cambsemail@example.com for the attention of Nicky Phillipson, Director of Commissioning.
Any bids received after this deadline cannot and will not be considered.
If you have a question or concern regarding this funding opportunity please contact:
Nicky Phillipson, Director of Commissioning, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is not in scope?
Funding cannot be used:
- to provide accommodation or the support services within;
- to support victims of any other crime type;
- for perpetrator interventions;
- capital works such as building repairs;
- for goods or services that have been bought or ordered before 1 April 2022;
- to pay for any outstanding debts prior to 1 April 2022; or
- to provide support for victims who live outside of Cambridgeshire or Peterborough.