Hampton Police Station
March 28th, 2019
To seek approval for the proposed grant of a lease of part of Hampton Police Station to
the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA.
The Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Estates Sub Group meeting on the 6th November 2018 the group discussed and agreed to the proposal to grant a lease to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency for part of Hampton Police Station on the following Heads of Terms:
- Demise: First floor office (F08) (approx. 70 sq m) with shared use of communal areas including kitchen/ rest room/ lift/ wcs and car park.
- Term: 10 years contracted out of the Landlord and Tenant Act Pt II (no security of tenure).
- Use: Enforcement Offices for use by DVSA only.
- Rent: £16,500 per annum (inclusive of all costs).
- Break Clause: Either party has the option to break on the 5th anniversary of the term on 6 months notice in writing.
This is an opportunity to generate income from an underutilised asset whilst supporting another public sector organisation.